Owing in particular to its transport services, Swiss Post operates an energy-intensive business. We have already significantly reduced theour CO2 emissions we generate a year.significantly. By the end of 2013, we want to cut them by another 15,000 tonnes a year. To reach this objective we unite all climate protection measures within the label «pro clima» – We’re acting now.
By the end of 2013, we want to reduce our CO2 emissions by another 15,000 tonnes a year. To do so, we are relying mainly on increased energy efficiency and new technologies. This is how we intend to achieve our goal:
- Expanding our fleet of electric vehicles by over 3,000.
- Optimizing the utilization rate of our vehicles and the routes.
- Training our drivers in eco-driving.
- Relying more on efficient building-services systems.
- Building PostFinance's headquarters in accordance with the Minergie eco Standard.
- Raising employee awareness of climate protection.
- Carrying out pilot and showcase projects spanning alternative drive systems, renewable energy and innovative technologies.
- Independent verification of the achievement of objectives through membership of WWF Climate Savers.